Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pink Network

October is breast cancer awareness month, and last year, I had quite a scare. I couldn't have gotten through my experience of waiting for a mammagram and breast ultrasound without my family and best friends with me, comforting me and offering me support.

Since October is all about breast cancer awareness, I love seeing how companies are doing their part to raise awareness and support women and men who have this disease. Seeing all the pink in October is an awesome thing, don't you think? It means we're all united, and we're all rallying together against this terrible disease.

Even though I'm an iPhone lover, I appreciate that TELUS is donating money in a worthwhile way. In May 2010, TELUS announced that for every TELUS pink Blackberry Curve sold in October, $25 would go towards to the purchase of digital mammography machines.

TELUS created a social media campaign using Facebook to drive fundraising for the cause. The Go Pink Facebook application invited people to turn their profile pictures pink, which in return generated $200,000 towards the campaign and new, much needed, machines.

By choosing to buy your Pink Blackberry from TELUS, you've helped raise over $2.45 million nationally.

Your support enabled ten Go Pink charities to purchase much needed digital mammography machines. Breast cancer touches us all and this campaign reminds us that together, we can give where we live and make real improvements to health care in our local communities.

Since 2008, TELUS has given over $15 million for research, early detection and treatment of cancer in Canada. Isn't that something awesome?


Disclosure: By working with TELUS on this worthwhile campaign, I have a chance of winning a trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake. The person who receives the most RT's on Twitter using the hashtag #pinknetwork will win the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment