Saturday, April 14, 2012

Decorating a child's room with style and ease

One of the things I looked forward to the most when I got pregnant was getting to design the perfect nursery for my children.

Decorating the nursery was a blast, from start to finish, and I had a very hands-on husband who did all the hard work, from installing the hardwood floors, to adding new baseboards, chair rail, and crown moulding, as well as painting the room.

 Of course,  I spent hours online looking for the perfert TheRoomPlace.com furniture for their room. From cribs, to change tables and bookcases, selecting the perfect items was not as easy as I thought it was going to be! And of course, I would get distracted online, and start looking at furntire for other rooms in the house, making the decision to narrow down what I wanted for my children even harder.

Although it was a bit challenging to find just what I was looking for, decorating kids' rooms is a blast, and I had so much fun with both my children's rooms, I couldn't wait for them to outgrow their baby furniture so I could start getting their new 'big boy' furniture. And now that my sister is a mom of two little ones, I had a say in decorating her children's rooms, too, and gave her some great advice on where to look online to make her decision easier, as well.

The most important items in a child's room, I think, are their night tables and book cases. My boys basically have a library each in their rooms! Also important? Making sure you've place the furntire in the rooms in the best possible way, making the best use of the space you have to work with. You may have to move some pieces around until you find the perfect fit for your new furniture, but eventually, the room will just perfectly come together - just like that! And all  your hard work will have paid off, and your children can finally enjoy their new, beautiful, well-furnished bedroom.






Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment